Displaying items 121-132 of 432 » View wsbtradio.com items only< Previous 1-10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21-36 Next >
Carol M. Herndon, a longtime volunteer and advocate for the developmentally disabled, died Sept. 8 of complications from cancer at PowerBack Rehabilitation in Lutherville. She was 82. The daughter of a surgeon and a homemaker, Carol Mae Smith was born...
As a boy, Abdi Hassen helped his father nurture and harvest maize, wheat and tropical fruits — until the early 1990s, when his father vanished. "He was disappeared because of his political opinion. I don't know if he is alive or not now," said...
Baltimore Gas and Electric Co. said it is offering new incentives for nonresidential electric customers' "combined heat and power" projects — up to $2 million apiece. Combined heat and power systems use waste heat from hot exhaust gases for space...
Baltimore police have arrested two women and three men accused of posing as city tax collectors and violently robbing elderly people in their homes. Tierra McCoy and Vaneka Powers, both of Baltimore, have been charged with robbery, conspiracy and...
Tags: Locust Point, Theft, Greektown, Prosecution, Police Arrests
The news that a Southeast Pennsylvania utility company has suspended "smart meter" installations following reports that some have overheated and caused fires has prompted the Maryland Public Service Commission to schedule a public hearing Tuesday to...
Jeanne M. Hammond, a homemaker and longtime volunteer, died Aug. 25 of congestive heart failure at her Glyndon home. She was 87. The daughter of a builder and a homemaker, Jeanne Monroe Wales was born, raised and lived her entire life in Glyndon. "She...
Recently, the Maryland Public Service Commission convened to hear testimony from Baltimore Gas and Electric, Pepco and Southern Maryland Electric Cooperative Inc. regarding news of smart meters overheating and causing fires in Pennsylvania. I attended...
Four major electricity providers defended the safety of "smart meters" Tuesday at a hearing called by the Maryland Public Service Commission after commissioners read reports of similar meters overheating and catching fire in Southeastern Pennsylvania....
Margaret B. Tyler, a former Baltimore Gas and Electric Co. customer service representative, died Aug. 5 from complications of dementia at Cadia Rehabilitation in Millsboro, Del. She was 96. The former Margaret Beulah Knochel was born in Baltimore and...
The first full day of summer turned up the heat another notch Thursday, with a high temperature of 100 degrees tying a record set in 1923. Thermometers hit triple digits at Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport at 4:05 p.m....
In the latest example of Baltimore's aging infrastructure's causing damage to city streets, a large sinkhole opened on East Monument Street near Johns Hopkins Hospital on Wednesday afternoon — causing a stretch of the road to be closed and nearby...
Sep 15, 2012 |Story| Baltimore Sun
Sep 13, 2012 |Story| Baltimore Sun
Sep 6, 2012 |Story| Baltimore Sun
Sep 4, 2012 |Story| Baltimore Sun
Aug 21, 2012 |Story| Baltimore Sun
Aug 27, 2012 |Story| Baltimore Sun
Aug 30, 2012 |Story| Baltimore Sun
Aug 31, 2012 |Story| Baltimore Sun
Aug 28, 2012 |Story| Baltimore Sun
Aug 19, 2012 |Story| Baltimore Sun
Jun 21, 2012 |Story| Baltimore Sun
Jul 25, 2012 |Story| Baltimore Sun
Original site for Baltimore Gas and Electric Co. topic gallery.