Tracey Young, 38, was arrested Friday on felony and misdemeanor charges stemming from a six-month investigation of contraband being smuggled into the Michigan City and Westville Correctional prisons. She is being held without bail in the LaPorte County Jail.
Now Indiana State Police are searching for Gary Wright, 31, who was reportedly living in Michigan City with Young. He is wanted on a parole violation for manslaughter.
Anyone with information on Gary Wright’s whereabouts is asked to call ISP Detective Joe White at 219-696-6242 or Michigan City TIP Line at 219-873-1478. Callers can remain anonymous.
Young, of Michigan City, is a recreational director at the South Bend Indiana Department of Corrections Juvenile Facility. She was transferred there from the same position at Michigan City State Prison, according to an Indiana State Police news release.
Preliminary charges against Young include:
- One felony count trafficking marijuana to an inmate;
- One felony count trafficking a cell phone to an inmate;
- One felony count dealing marijuana within 1,000 feet of a family dwelling;
- One felony count of possession of Schedule 4 narcotic;
- One felony count of official misconduct;
- One misdemeanor count of marijuana possession; and
- One misdemeanor count of trafficking tobacco production with an inmate