Man Bitten By Rattlesnake At Walmart
snake bit (May 15, 2012)
A man says he reached down to pick up a stick lying in the gardening aisle of a Wal-Mart in eastern Washington state, only to discover that it was a rattlesnake that then bit his hand. Mica Craig says he was shopping in the outdoor garden department of a Clarkston store when he was bitten a snake. The 47-year-old man says it latched onto his hand and he was able to shake loose the snake and stomp it to death. He says he believed it was a rattlesnake. A bystander drove Craig to an emergency room in nearby Lewiston. Craig says he was treated with six bags of anti-venom and was told that his hand could be permanently disfigured.