The 154 grants were given to researchers in 22 states, including Maryland, and 7 countries.
The grants will cover a wide spectrum of breast cancer research, including prevention, environmental issues, more sensitive screening, personalized treatments and factors that lead to worse breast cancer outcomes in minorities and special populations.
- Dr. Preethi Korangath of John Hopkins University, $120,000
- Angela Brodie of the University of Maryland, $250,000
- Vered Stearns of Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, $175,000
- Sarah Sukumar of John Hopkins University, $250,000
- Antonio Wolff of John Hopkins University, 62,500 grant