ROCHESTER, N.Y. — The following local residents graduated from Rochester Institute of Technology in the winter 2011–2012 quarter:
- Amy Norman of Middletown, Md., earned an Associate in Applied Science in laboratory science technology from RIT’s National Technical Institute for the Deaf.
- Ryan Turner of Frederick, Md., earned a Bachelor of Science in psychology from RIT’s College of Liberal Arts.
- Christine Viets of Thurmont, Md., earned a Bachelor of Science in computer science from RIT’s B. Thomas Golisano College of Computing and Information Sciences.
ASHLAND, OHIO — Christian Wilson of New Market, Md., was named to the dean’s list for the spring semester at Ashland University. Wilson is majoring in political science, and is a 2010 graduate of New Life Christian School.
YORK, Pa. — The following area students at York College of Pennsylvania were recently named to Who’s Who Among Students in Universities and Colleges:
- Amanda Hillery-Mills of Monrovia, Md., a senior majoring in early childhood education
- April Sparkman of Walkersville, Md., a senior majoring in biology
DAYTON, Tenn. — The following area students were named to the dean’s list at Bryan College for the spring 2012 semester:
- Emily Hampton of Walkersville, daughter of Tim Hampton of Walkersville
- Ryan Wolf, son of Shawn and Denise Wolf of Myersville, Md.
ST. MARY’S CITY, Md. — The following local students received awards at St. Mary’s College of Maryland:
- Jonathan Wagner of Mount Airy, Md., received the Margaret Eagle Dixon Award in Literature
- Allyson Bloom of Frederick, Md., received the Public Policy Award
- Jennifer Kunze of Frederick received the Colton History Award
- Briana Manente of Frederick received the Kathy Glockner Arts Alliance Award for Theater Excellence
- Jacqueline Brady of Thurmont, Md., received the Female Scholar Athlete and the Department Award in biology
HAMDEN, Conn. — Rachael DeNale of Frederick, Md., received a Master of Science in interactive communications from Quinnipiac University during a commencement ceremony Sunday, May 13, at the TD Bank Sports Center. William E. Strickland Jr., president and chief executive officer of Manchester Bidwell Corp., addressed the 727 graduates and received an honorary degree.